Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Calories (1 Piece): 169
- 1½ cups mashed banana (about 3-4 bananas)
- ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl mix together banana, greek yogurt, butter, and eggs.
- Add in the sugars and mix until blended.
- On top of the wet ingredients place the flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Pour into a standard loaf pan, sprayed with cooking spray, and bake for 55 minutes or until the center is cooked. You can check this with a toothpick or sharp knife. If no batter sticks to the toothpick then the bread is done.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let it finish cooling on a baking rack.
- Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
This bread can be made completely ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator all week or in the freezer up to 3 months. I recommend wrapping in plastic wrap or placing into a freezer bag.