Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- ½ cup cooked red lentils
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut in cubes
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
- ½ inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
- Heat the oven at 165°C/329°F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper, add the sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, and garlic, season with salt, chili, turmeric, and cumin, add the coconut oil and toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 minutes then transfer into the blender.
- Add the warm vegetable broth, grated ginger, and cooked red lentils into the blender and process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley.